 Storage / 365
Re: Ideas of Storing in Confined spaces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:59:04 GMT

I use a stackable drawer system, which makes my 30k collection sorted and
compact. They were purchased in here, Turkey, but you mot probably found
similar or better in US. The drawer modules came in three sizes compatible
to each other (I mean you can stack two medium or four small ones on top of
a big one, and all three has the same height). The sizes of the modules are
roughly 5x5x15, 10x5x15 and 20x5x15 (in cm, 2.54cm = inch by the way).

I store all of my pieces in those drawers, except small technic tidbits
(stored in two lego technic suitcase like boxes), regular 2x bricks (stored
in buckets), BURPs and big SPUDs (stored in an appropriate sized cardboard
box), and baseplates (stored in an appropriate Lego box)

The toughest part is the sorting I think. During a crazy week, I rebuilt all
my sets (when my collection had around 18000 bricks only) and disassemble
all of them to obtain a single pile of bricks. Sorting it toke my all
evenings (and nights) during the week after, and I promised myself for not
doing it again.

Selçuk

Jamie Obrien <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote in message
Hi, after Santa comes this year (14k pieces over 1/2 pre '92
space!!!!!!!!), i'm going to have to store all my complete stuff away
while i go back to uni (again!). However i have only a limited area
for storage, and an even limited storage system (Something i made i
High school, a loooooong time ago). So now how do i go about storing
~40k pieces so i don't go crazy. I though i might try and make some
kind of lego Bench/cupboard storage system using the Plano baxes
(Already have 23), but am worried at the shear number of pieces i'm
going to have to sort and store. And how do you go storing some of
those bigger BURPS and CRAP pieces?  Oh, and i musn't forget the UV
factor, seems that hole is getting bigger down her down under. (I
blame all those sheep and cattle farting out there in the
Outback!!!!!)

Help me if you Can!
Many Thanks
Jamie Obrien