 Storage / 209
Re: Those "new" Ziploc Storage Containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:12:58 GMT

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:13:36 GMT, "Robert Wallace" <robertw@netcom.com> wrote:

Anybody have an opinion on those new Ziploc storage containers?

They come 5 to a pack for about $3.00 (around here) and are
almost transparent with a translucent blue lid.

The ones I bought were about sandwich-sized (a little taller).

They stack pretty well (open or closed) and the lid, though
it seems a little flimsy, is pretty tough and has stood up
to many opening and closing cycles during my use.  In addition,
it seals tightly enough that a dropped container didn't pop
open and spill any of the contents.

They're not as convenient as drawers or partitioned parts boxes,
but they beat ziploc bags -- which I find start splitting just
past the zipper after a period of heavy use.

I've been eyeing the GLAD containers.  More or less the same as
Ziploc, only the covers are clear instead of blue.  We have been
using the sandwich size and a narrower/taller size for food storage
and think they work great.  I haven't used them for LEGO yet,
but it's only a matter of time.  Just about every container we
use for food storage has been used for LEGO sorting at one time
or another.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |