 Storage / 1559
1558  |  1560
Subject:
"Reusable" Containers for Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:58:13 GMT

Having come out of a semi-dark age, I've taken to sorting my collection and have
been casting about for a better way to store things. I had been using assorted
LEGO tubs for the more numerous pieces (1x4, 2x4, etc), but the less plentiful
pieces were all living in Ziploc-style bags. Not having large amounts of money,
I really can't go with tool-chests or other compartmentalized units, so I hit on
the somewhat obvious solution of the reusable plactic containers that Ziploc,
Glad and others have been producing for the last few years. Overall, I'm quite
pleased.

I wound up buying a couple of 24-container packs from Sam's for about 10 bucks
each. They have all sorts of different sizes and have proved nicely versatile. I
do have a few groups of pieces that are larger than the largest size, yet not
big enough for a "brick-top" LEGO tub. I think there are some bigger reusable
container sizes out there that weren't included in the multi-pack which I may go
hunt around for to solve this dilemma.

Anyways, not the most earth-shattering annoucement, but it is a pretty cheap way
of having storage that won't tip over and spill pieces all about, is clear for
easy finding of pieces, and infinitely expandable.