 Storage / 1448
Re: Storage/Travel box for large base plate MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:12:00 GMT

In lugnet.storage, James Trobaugh wrote:
A few folks at BrickFest had asked about the storage boxes that I used to
transport my buildings, so here is the scoop. These boxes are just right for
MOCs built on the large grey base plates, they fit perfect in the bottom with
about 1 studs to spare around the edges.

You can get them at the Container Store:

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=71235&PRODID=62981&FEEDCNT=3

They are perfect for town buildings, moon base modules and what ever else you
build on a large base plate that you need to transport.

I wanted to confirm ... the large grey are 15" square but the site you provided
says the size is 20.5" square ... it that only at the top?

I'd love if 4 green baseplates would fit inside.  If the top is indeed large
enough for 4 green baseplates, would it be practical with those units to use
them "upside down" to make it work?  Ie: are the latches, etc in a position they
could be used upside down?

Also - if you did use them upside down, how much height could you get out of
them before things started getting too tight as the sides narrow?

Thanks for the info - it would be great if it would work out for the green 32x32
also.

- Robert