 Storage / 1137
1136  |  1138
Subject:
Medium sized storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:09:33 GMT

Hi all,
    I see a lot of great storage solutions for massive lego collections.
However, I'm a college student on a tight budget and I don't have
overwhelmingly large numbers of lego (probably no more than 6,000 pieces or
so).  So here's a decent solution I found:
    Sterilite 4qt boxes.  Comes in packs of 4 and each pack was 4.99 at
Stop&Shop (where I got them).
        Comments: I got four packs and they fit most of my town/space/random
stuff.  As long as you're willing to combing all the 2x4 and bigger plates
together and similarly group other items (beams...large plates).
    Ziplock bags.  Cheap...good for storing alternative components within
the larger sterilite boxes.  say you have a whole bunch of big plates
(bigger than 4x4 or bigger)  I got 15 freezer bags for 1.50 at Stop & Shop.
    Containers from www.containerstore.com.  They make good bins, much like
plano and akromills.  I got two 27 bin ones and separators for about 50.
    Total cost: about $75.  I use most of the drawers in the storage bins
for technic components (I'm a big technic nut) and the rest for small
non-technic stuff (1x1 plates, 1x2 plates and variants).  Then all the
sterilite containers for other pieces (e.g. 1 container for plates, one for
big plates (4x4 or greater) and wings and wedges (wings and wedges in
ziplock), one for vertical bricks and panels, one for translucent windows
and doors, one for minifigs, etc.)
    Anyway, just thought I'd pass the sterilite magic along.
Luke