 Star Wars / 984
983  |  985
Subject:
Droid Developers Kit - September Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:41:29 GMT

Yesterday I received in the mail "LEGO REVIEW" the February 1999 edition.
This is a LEGO Company newsmag filled with details about TLG, LEGO events
new products for 1999.

One thing that really caught my eye was a picture of a (1/3 scale LEGO R2
D2) on page 7.  I'm not sure if this is old news but the text above the
picture read:

"Star Wars has also become a part of LEGO Mindstorms, which will include a
Droid Developers Kit from September.  Children will then be able to build
their very own Star Wars robots"

Other related text on the same page is as follows.

"September sees the introduction of a new Droid Developers Kit.  This is a
set that for the first time gives children the chance to build the first
Star Wars robot R2-D2, as well as a special LEGO Robot L-3G0.  The set
includes a CD-ROM that shows you how to become a Jedi Master in robot
building and developing new forms of computer controlled "lift"".

To be honest I haven't got into either SW or Mindstorms yet but after
looking at the photo of the LEGO R2-D2 I think I'll be adding that set to my
Christmas wish list.

Elsewhere in the mag (which contains 48 pages) is a picture of the SW
display at the LEGO Roadshow currently touring Australia and New Zealand.
The display includes a minifig scale AT-AT Walker (Apologies if this is
incorrect but I'm referring to the 4 legged machine that appeared in Empire
Strikes Back), a Death Star (not to minifig scale) and one of the Empires
"Battleships" (The correct name escapes me at this moment).

The SW display is obviously replicating the scene in ESB where the Rebels
snow covered hideout is being attacked by the the "Evil" Empire.

Sanjay

--
LEGO Stadium @ Http://Homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds