 Star Wars / 9681
  Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Hi, Did anyone notice the Star Wars laser cannon in <set:7313>? I thought that part would be a strictly-Lucas-Arts part, to be used only in SW sets? Regards, Hakan (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

(...) Those parts have already appeared in the Football/Soccer sets. Steve (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

(...) I'd be willing to bet that only pieces printed with Star Wars type things, or specific minifig items (Chewbacca "ghost-sheet", Darth Vader's helmet, Stormtrooper helmets, etc) that are copyrighted back to Lucasfilm. After all, in the newest (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Those yellow things that are on Anakin's pod, show up in some new colours for Alpha team, but I think that has been mentioned elsewhere. ~Adam (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Not only is it practical financially, but it proves/encourages the multiple use of Lego parts. I was trying to think of other ways to use the Battle Droid bodies before the Martian minifigs (?) came out. Brilliant marketing approach as far as I'm (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: Star Wars part in Life on Mars set?

Well, actually 7159 (the Pod Bucket) also comes with these Battle Droid Elements used for a different function. And nearly everyone will admit that the 'thing' (it's no minifig) I am talking about looks totally crap. A new use of an element is not (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2001)