 Star Wars / 9488
9487  |  9489
Subject:
Technic Stormtrooper, 3PO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:34:58 GMT

After close examination of the picture of these sets, I don't think they're
too bad.  I zoomed in real close on the Stormtroopers head, and zoomed out
real far too, and the amazing thing is the more I looked at the pic, the
more it looked like a Stormtrooper.

I thought 3PO was pretty good from the start, but on close examination of
him I realized he's got a couple of rubber bands on his torso... he does
something, but what is anybody's guess.  I was thinking about it and the
only thing I can come up with that 3PO does in the films is when he gets
blasted into pieces... so maybe 3PO falls apart...

I think more likely though that theres a mechanism that controls his head...
it looks as if the piece the rubberbands are connected to (which is inside
his torso) maybe connected with the head.  Since the head is cocked to the
side in the "big" picture and straight in the "small" picture, perhaps there
are controls on his back that move his head around.  Or perhaps his arms
flail about...

I couldn't see anything on the Stormtrooper that did anything, but I did
notice in the small picture he's got a red shoulderpad... nifty little detail.
Perhaps there's a mechanism that moves the Stormtrooper's "finger" which
causes the gun to fire...

Now I'm looking forward to these sets... :)

-Bryan