 Star Wars / 9479
Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 05:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

But the head of the R2-D2 is basically a quarter sphere, isn't it?
Even with some printing on it, it is more generally useful than a
Stormtrooper helmet would be.

Lego could've made some smaller quarter spheres, in two different sizes with
printing for the eyes and mouth, and laid those over the front of the
Stormtrooper head... that would have given it a more "realistic look" while
keeping the parts useful for other things.

I think it is a daring move from TLC to launch a set like this, which
looks like a Stormtrooper (in my opinion) without relying on
specialized parts to compose that look.  It does a great job of
displaying the versatility of LEGO bricks, I think.

I agree that it's good they're trying to do it without special parts, and
who knows, it may look more like a Stormtrooper onces it's built in real
life than it does in the pictures.  I know several other Star Wars sets
(such as the Sith Infiltrator, and the MF) that look like crap in the
pictures, but once built actually look pretty cool.  Maybe the
Stormtrooper's the same way.

Also, if you look at the pic from far enough away, or squint real hard, it
looks like a Stormtrooper... <G>

snip<
Fredrik

-Bryan