 Star Wars / 946
945  |  947
Subject:
Trivia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:48:16 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote
Here is my 2 cents on Trivia.

I for one have read nearly all of the SW books but I don't sit there trying to
memorize every detail covered in each one.  I personally don't care that
Princess Leia's Hair buns were rapped in 5 concentric circles or, that Mara
Jade was hiding behind the 5th crate next to the bathroom during the final
confrontation between Luke and Darth Vader.

That has nothing to do with any of the questions I had asked, none of them were
as trivial as that. If you've read the books(say the KJA trilogy) you're going
to remember that the Acadamy was on Yavin 4 and that Xar Kun was the dark jedi
knight who turned Kyp Durran against Luke. There were a couple of questions that
you might have to look back to a book to find the answer for though.

This all may sound cynical but I don't think it makes me any less of a fan.  I
love SW and I own a lot of memorabilia (including the Lego sets) but I don't
find it necessary to become a SW encyclopedia.

I don't think I ever said "if you can't answer these questions you aren't really
a SW fan", because if I had that would mean that I am not a true SW fan because
I couldn't have answered all those questions without the help of a book. Oh,
like you're really a SW encyclo. for remembering some of the things that
happened in the books you've read.

So please don't look at me and others as being any less a fan just because we
don't know every minute detail of the SW Universe.

I'd like you to prove that those questions were mere "minute details". The way
this came across was that you just felt like being sarcastic and thought that
this would be a way to let it out. If that's not  what you
meant please forgive me but it came across to me that way.

Ryan
"Build or build not, there is no try" - Lego Master Yoda