 Star Wars / 9102
9101  |  9103
Subject:
Finally got an MTT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:47:57 GMT

I like it overall, and it's the best brown service pack I've seen this year.
The physical rendering is fairly decent, however I disliked how flimsy the
connection was between the front and back units.  The color scheme is ok, I
would have preferred all brown with only dark gray and a bit of black for
accent.

I think that the most notable new piece (aside from the four dark gray
extreme-slope corners! *slurp*) is the 1x2 clear brick as a viewport for the
pilot droid.  Haven't seen one of these in ages!  And it has no center peg.

I like the functionality of the set.  The sliding droid rack looks nice (of
course, it needs more droids!), and the front cover dial out great on those
click-hinges.  Having the middle section split and open up is really cool.
I also like the detailing on the rear ramp, it's much better than leaving it
plain.  The hinged sniper windows in the rear are especially snazzy.  They
made me think that this could perhaps be the closest TLG ever gets to making
military-oriented vehicles.

Speaking of more droids, once you have the rack in front filled, there's no
more droids left to populate the quite spacious middle and aft sections of
the tank.  TLG could've included at least eight more droids to really beef
this set up.

If they ever do a UCS version (more droids!) of this craft, they should
incorporate the hovercraft design from #6473 Res-Q Cruiser so that the MTT
could more convingly glide around.

Dave