 Star Wars / 8827
Re: 2001 SW line-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:35:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Weigle writes:

Given the (spring) 2001 lineup, I'd say that it's the Ep1 stuff that is
winding down. Obviously, there won't be as much to create sets from as in
the three original movies. But the fact that Lego has saved most imperial
stuff until 2001 supports the theory that they'll be trying to keep 4-6
alive until 2005.

The possible vehicles (from the original trilogy) not yet announced are:

TIE Interceptor (minifig)
TIE Bomber
AT-AT
Star Destroyer
Super Star Destroyer
Blockade Runner
Death Star
Death Star II
Calamarian Cruiser
Ewok Hanglider
T-16 Skyhopper
Lars Family Speeder
Jabba's Sail Barge
Swoop Bike (from ANH:SE)
Cloud Car
Jawa Sandcrawler

Obviously the larger ships probably won't be made, but this list is just off
the top of my head... I'm sure there's more.  Plus there's all the stuff from
the books (SOTE, the Thrawn trilogy, etc.) that could be made at some point.
There's plenty there to keep Lego busy until 2005... plus with
the "announcement" of Watto's Junk Shop, play sets are seeming more and more
likely.

Watto's junk shop...who gives a f@#%!

Yes. The first large playset in the Star Wars lineup... After all ships have
been made, playsets would be the next logical step. What else is there to
make from Ep1, really?

Lessee... Naboo Royal Cruiser, the ship the Jedi arrive in, the transports on
Coruscant, the ship Palpatine arrives at Naboo in, uh, that's all I can think
of right now.

Anyway, with UCS sets and play sets, there should be enough Ep1 stuff to last
until they can bring out the EP2 stuff.

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.
   web: http://www.ya-ba.net/