 Star Wars / 8823
Re: 2001 SW line-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:48:54 GMT

From: "Matt Sekerak" <lowlead@aol.com>

it's the mini-figs that I'm anticipating the most.  Does anybody believe the
classic line (Episodes IV,V,VI) is winding down, or do we maintain the hope
that classic SW Lego will be continued to complement EPII stuff?  Here are
some
nit-picky opinions to chew on:  Technic Stormtrooper...WHY?

Yeah. Why?

A $9.99
AT-ST...oh
boy, this should be amusing.  Then again, maybe they'll pull through and make
great stocking stuffer out of it.

Nah. It'll probably suck. Pardon my pessimism.

Droid Transport...okay, but we only saw it
briefly whizzing by in EP1.  Cheap source of multiple battle droids to make an
army, I guess.

Exactly.

Watto's junk shop...who gives a f@#%!

Exactly.

TIE Fighter...thank
you!!  Imperial Shuttle...FINALLY!  Little Imperial Guard dudes...NEAT!

Yay! Imperials! At long last!

Come on LEGO, how 'bout a Blockade Runner or a Republic Cruiser in MF $$
range?? Slightly out of scale, of course.

OK, but only if they're not as juniorized as the MF. Please note: I've never
complained about scale, and please don't turn this discussion into another
"It's just a toy" thread.

Everybody please feel free to reply, >don't hesitate to be a#$%oles either -
unlike some people, I welcome plenty of
constructive criticizm.

Get a haircut. ;^D

~Mark