 Star Wars / 8608
    Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego —Thomas Weigle
   (...) Well, is it really if we consider the target audience? I've said it before, I'll say it again: as long as the kids seem happy with the minifigs, as long as the kids are able to use their own imagination to bring diversity to the world of Lego (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) I've posted my experience on this a number of times: curiously there's rarely a response. Wade through the latest (down around the middle): (URL) your supposing that kids apply all races to the figs rather than perceiving them as NOT (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego —Jeff Jardine
   (...) In at least one case, the lack of response is entirely because that person (me) finds the entire debate pointless and tiresome. It is a non-issue. Further responses (such as the one I am currently constructing) are a waste of breath, because (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Then why bother responding if it is pointless and tiresome? I'd rather you continue ignoring me or address the other point. Why don't people respond? Because I'm bringing up something that directly refutes their claims and they feel (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)