 Star Wars / 8505
Re: What is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:31:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Ian Rutherford writes:
Okay, the Naboo Stafighter comes with the starfighter, Annakin, R2D2, two
droids and that cart thing. The question is: What is that cart thing?
I mean, is it supposed to be something from the movie or what?

Well, judging by the cover of the box, I think it's a peice of Random • Equipment
(TM) from the hangar bay of the Droid Control Ship, which Anakin flew into.
Judging by the inclusion of the Battle Droid figs, TLC was trying to re-create
that scene... it was the only time I can think of that Anakin was flying the
Naboo Fighter with Battle Droids around.

I disagree, I think that it is a piece of generic tech from the Naboo hangar,
as there were battle droids attacking all of the characters in the hangar when
Anakin climbed into the fighter to "stay put".  In fact, for a brief second, he
can be seen crouching behind a small power cart or some such that is sitting
behind the fighters during the beginings of the firefight, before he climbs
into the ship.  I think that is what it is supposed to be.

--Karim