 Star Wars / 8409
8408  |  8410
Subject:
SW at Emmeryville TRU (CA)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 01:30:53 GMT

Hey Y'all:

I saw the new ult collector kits at the Emmeryville TRU (both of them), they
also had the Millinium Falcon and the MTT.  All the prices seemed kinda high
to me based on bricks for the price.  I like my SW when its around 10 cents a
brick or so.  I thought some Northern CA people might want to know about these
sets in case they are looking for them.  Me, I bought some Race stuff...

I had a couple of quick comments on what I could see of the Millenium Falcon
(since someone opened one up and the pieces were strewn about): Leia looks
like she has white legs rather than a skirt and I think the latter might have
been better, C3PO is some kind of gold toned beige color whereas he should
have been colored in the metallic gold as are the king's crowns of Castle sets
(and BTW, does he normally have this huge eye design on his chest?), Chewie
should have been taller by far than the other figures and he is not.  I think
I noticed brown backpacks (as for Pirate soldiers) in there for some reason or
other.

I gather people are generally unhappy about this set anyway...

-- Richard