 Star Wars / 7995
Re: Some more UCS ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:39:11 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
Granted, this is an old topic, but since my UCS X-Wing arrived yesterday, I've
been thinking a lot about hopeful additions to this marvelous line.  A few • brief
ideas (with an eye toward actual possibilities):

A-Wing
I'd say that it would be a mere 700 pieces.  A definite possibility.

Speeder Bike Model
450 pieces?  The Speeder Bike has good recognition with Joe-Consumer-Who-is-
Mildly-Familiar-with-SW

Landspeeder
800 pieces?  Good recognition, and the more that I think about it, the more it
seems like a reasonable set.

B-Wing
1,200 pieces?  This might be a future year's really large set.

Ok, I can't resist a little bit of whimsy:

I'd like to see the Y-Wing (1,800 pieces), but I don't think that it will
happen.  It's too big, and it doesn't have enough recognition with Joe- • Consumer.

Anyway, judging from the quality of the X-Wing, any new UCS sets will be • great.

James

Those are some pretty cool ideas, but what I have always wanted to see with
Model Team is smaller sets that are still as cool as the big ones, only more
affordable. I think it might be cool to have a UCS Probe Droid or something of
that sort. I know that will never happen though, so my votes go to the N-1
Starfighter like someone suggested. A Cloud Car would also be cool.
Greg "Viva Wisconsin!" Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html