 Star Wars / 794
793  |  795
Subject:
Star Wars sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:48:40 GMT

Here is what I think of the SW sets I now have. Yesterday I bought the
Speeder Bikes and Snowspeeder. Today for my birthday I recieved the
Landspeeder which my parents got yesterday. I didn't see either of the
large sets. OK this is what I think of them.

SW sets overall:
good: nice presentation of boxes and instructions
      movie clips in instructions
      excellant prices considdering there had to be licensing agreements
      every set has a lightsaber
bad:  give me a little bit of time :)
      out of 5 sets 4 have Luke, but at least there are 3 outfits

7130 Snowspeeder
good: Rebel pilot's jumpsuits and helmets
      Hoth trooper w/new colors for parts (pilot's helmet, visor,
backpack)
      locking wings
      nice patterened parts
      dark gray and orange pieces
bad:  gunner & pilot not back-to-back(not that big of a deal though)
      gunner's computer down by his feet

7128 Speeder Bikes
good: cool scout troopers
      realistic Luke with glove on artificial hand
      brown & tree pieces
bad:  scout trooper visors are part of head not helmet(hopefully won't
be with regular ST)
      bike legs not real realistic

7110 Landspeeder
good: nice minifig pieces
bad:  winshield too low
      no hovering look like utility cart w/x-wing