 Star Wars / 7833
Re: UCS sets in Austin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:00:54 GMT

Naji,

Greetings:

    I found the new Star Wars UCS sets at an Austin TRU this weekend.  I'm
quite impressed, not just with the sets themselves (they've done some nice
things with the design - it doesn't look like they spared any parts), but • also
with the packaging (the black/white cover).  Have these shown up across • the US
already?  I haven't seen any market.shopping posts about them, and the set
database says "July 1".

Thanks,
Naji

Soory, I forgot to post seeing them. I wnet shopping to TRU on Saturday
morning. They are both in the Ann Abror, Michigan TRU as well. They are both
in a very nicely detailed box, with a lot of details, and a great color shot
of them from the back. They also had the Aluminum, er, Millenium Falcon
(Inside joke) as well, all with nice packaging.  Very nice display. I went
there to see if they had the 30% off clearance items, and they did. However,
the only LEGO clearance items left were the large Insectoid base / rover
thing. Ugh! They did have a nice video game special, buy 2, get one free, so
I picked up some games for Dave, my brother in law.

They also had the new Adventurers sets there, with the plane. It looks very
nice, with Gail Storm piloting it, no less! I need to pick that one up, I
like it.

Finally, on an interesting note, I saw a little kid pick up one of the
Megablock expert builder set, the blue jet, and then he ended up in line
with a Rock Raider Bulldozer instead. Hmm... what a choice. I would have
picked up the Adventurer plane for 20.00, but that is just me. : )

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
It's Almost Here! ->The Sanburn Systems Company