 Star Wars / 774
773  |  775
Subject:
Star Wars spotted in Colorado
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 21:49:13 GMT

For those who live in Colorado, you might want to check your local Wal Marts
for Star Wars sets.

During lunch, I took a trip to one of the Wal Marts close to work.  Well,
sure enough, I found two of the Star Wars sets:  The X-Wing and the
Snowspeeder.  Deciding I'd rather not anger my wife ;-), I only purchased
the Snowspeeder.  The weird thing is the X-Wing and Snowspeeder was all that
was on the shelf.  And, nope, nothing was on the overstock shelves and there
was no special Throwbot display.  I'm wondering if they already sold out of
the other sets...  I also checked TRU, but nothing there yet.

Anyway, it was really hard to put the X-Wing back on the shelf.  But, $20
sounds a lot better than $50+ when I show my wife the receipt.  I plan on
assembling the Snowspeeder later tonight.  I did look through the
instruction booklet.  From what I could see, these sets truly capture
vintage LEGO building.  As others have said, the Star Wars sets seem to
include a lot of basic bricks and slopes -- the way it should be.

Due to budget constraints that go along with a young family, I'm trying to
reduce my LEGO spending.  But, I just can't bring myself to pass these Star
Wars sets up.  I figure when my 11-month old gets older, these won't be
available any longer.   I'd like him to have access to these at some point.
In the meantime, I'll certainly enjoy building and admiring them.

Steve B.