 Star Wars / 769
768  |  770
Subject:
Phantom Menace trailer/LEGO sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:40:01 GMT

I just watched the Phantom Menace trailer and it is truly amazing!  I have a
feeling this movie will shatter Titanic's box office record.  If you get a
chance to download it or see it at the theaters, you won't be disappointed.
Some misc. ramblings below..

After watching the trailer, I'm really looking forward to how LEGO produces
the Sith Infiltrator -- which I believe can be seen on a couple of occasions
in the trailer.  The back looks like Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, while the
front looks like the X-Wing fighter's nose (if I'm looking at the right
ship).  Anyway, it's a very sleek looking craft that's all silver I think.
Should be a good source for gray pieces.

The only Episode I set I'm not looking that forward to is the Gungan Sub,
just because I'm not a big fan of underwater ships.  However, I'd probably
buy it for whatever characters are included though.  Also, I've heard this
set will be mostly blue ... I wonder if we'll see light blue bricks included
to give the sub a more "underwater ship" feel.

And, finally, we might see the first true Star Wars playset with the Pod
Race set (the $80+ set).  From Internet reports, it looks like this will
include not only a couple of the Pod Racers, but also several characters and
droids from the Tatooine pod race scenes in TPM.

Oops!  One more thing, I have a feeling Queen Padme and Darth Maul will
become two of the more sought after Star Wars minifigs -- using the leaked
Episode I LEGO logo and the newest TPM trailer as a basis.  They both look
like they'd be highly detailed minifigs.

Steve B.
(still waiting for the original trilogy sets to appear in Colorado)