 Star Wars / 7668
7667  |  7669
Subject:
Millennium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:40:35 GMT

I picked up a Millennium Falcon over the weekend at a TRU here in Colorado
Springs, Colorado...  Which pretty much means it should be available
anywhere... anyway, they had the AAT and the MTT as well... I went there
looking for the UCS sets which were not available.  Also missing was the Pod
Bucket.  Anyway, I picked up the Millennium Falcon and immediately went home
to put it together.

The first thing I noticed was that it had many good pieces... aside from the
shell and the cockpit all of the pieces are standard.  It comes with a bunch
of wings which is great, but I don't think I could justify shelling out $100
just for the pieces.  The minifigs are awesome, Chewie is really cool, and
while I would've preferred a shinier 3PO I feel he makes a good addition to
the SW minifig lineup.  Again, $100 is a bit pricy just for 5 minifigs.  I
pulled out the instructions and started building.

I loved this set up until I started building the top shell... which is really
my only complaint.  The shell, while sturdy once it's completed, continuously
fell apart while I was building it.  The instructions for this shell seem a
bit backwards.  Nevertheless I finished the top shell and popped it on the
rest of the body.  I set the completed project down and stepped back to look
at it.

The Falcon is quite a bit bigger than I thought it would be.  It looks rather
small, even in the most detailed photos, but once I got it put together and
was able to hold it in my hands, I was impressed.  In my opinion this is an
excellent set, and maybe the best SW set so far.  While it may seem a bit
expensive, it's worth it IMO.

I also see that it will be rather easy to create an alternate model in the
form of The Outrider.  I plan on getting a second set and building the
Outrider once I can afford it...

-Bryan