 Star Wars / 7510
Re: MF at Zainy Brainy in NJ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 15:20:23 GMT

The Zany in Schaumburg had them also.  I picked one up on friday night.  I
have it about 50% complete.  While I have some minor complaints about the set,
I think this is one of their best.  Here are some
comments/observations/opinions:

c-3po isn't just yellow.  He's this weird translucent yellow/beige color.
Almost like mother-of-perl only... yellow.  I think it works well, although I
would have prefered the "gold" plating like on the trumpet pieces

They did a good job on chewie.

I would have done the view of the engines in the back differently.  They have
a trans-blue tube now, I would have replaced it with something more
complicated involving 1x1 trans light blue tiles.  I guess it would have
driven up the cost of the set though.

This is an excellent set for larger grey and dark grey plates.  4x8, 6x6,
6x16, and others.  The set is also good for grey roof pieces.  There are a
significant number of 2x4 medium slope roof pieces.  half a dozen 2x2 red
tiles also.  I really like the chess board piece.

It also seems to be of a modular design similar to the ninja castle set, so
it's easily disassembled adding to playability.

All in all, it's a great set.  I'd say well worth the price.

brian

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
Just got back.  Went to Zainy Brainy.  No AAT or MTT but they had a bunch of
the brand new MF just sitting there on the bottom shelf.  89.99.  I was at the
one in NJ off Rt 1 near Princeton Market Fair.  Happy Hunting.  Also, the AAT
and MTT should be in TRU by Monday when they load it off the truck here in
local Jersey.

Jason F.