 Star Wars / 7186
Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 06:57:24 GMT

I use the arrow keys!

----------
From: "Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com>
To: lugnet.space@lugnet.com, lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: LDRAW for Mac; was: Mark's Lego Creations Update!
Date: Sun, May 7, 2000, 7:55 AM

Cool.

My second question is: When creating something with LDraw, do you
have to enter the spatial coordinates for all the parts, or is there some
kind of click-and -drag approach? If it's not as simple as click-and-drag,
then I'm not going to sit in front of my computer for hours when I could be
building real MOCs in the other room.

~Mark

In lugnet.space, Michael Hopkins writes:
in article FtzGo4.Hty@lugnet.com, Andy DePalma at andy@uconn.edu • wrote on
5/3/00 5:14 AM:

Folks,

I've written a few Mac applications in my day. I'd be willing to
participate in the development of a Mac L-draw port. Who's got the • source?

-A (#209)

In lugnet.space, Dave Johann writes:
Know where I can find LDraw for Mac?

Unfortunately its not available.  There has been a little talk of it, • ....l a port is made available.

Perhaps if some of us Mac users could help chip in in some way to • help defray
the cost of a port, we could entice someone to undertake such a • project.

I have a Java version that works. I'm in the process of re-writing it,
though and have the new parser done. My goal is to use OpenGL for the
rendering. The way I wrote the parser nicely maps to OpenGL. I'd be • happy to
provide source. I was going to write it in C, but had trouble porting the
source with Metrowerks. (I ran into some linker issues that caused me • to
abandon that project.)

I'd love to get some help or help someone else.

-Michael