 Star Wars / 6850
6849  |  6851
Subject:
AAT in Germany, too
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:50:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi!
It happend again: The AAT is available in a supermarket in Germany -
again much too early like the MTT last week (not that I would complain
;-)
These sets had an ETA of serveral _months_ later! Did LEGO ever do
someting like that in the US? They usually release all sets of a series
at once (e.g. all the Arctic stuff appeard in March). And this happens
(usually) several months after the US release date, and it sometimes
takes weeks until big chains like Toys'R'Us have them in stock (I once
asked a store clerk and she said that all the new toys first go to their
main warehouse and from there spread to the other stores - which takes 2
to 3 weeks...) and since we've got no S@H here, you can count yourself
lucky if you find any new LEGO stuff the weeks it is released.
Does anyone have a guess what their marketing thoughts behind these
pre-releases are? I don't think they do it just to please the fans :-)

CU,
Stefan

--
Stefan Eilert    -> seilert@uos.de