 Star Wars / 666
Re: Star Wars LEGO sighted: Tewksbury, MA WalMart!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 03:59:10 GMT

Hmmm, there's a Target having a grand opening celebration  in town
tomorrow. I was there the second day they opened, no SW, but they did
have an unusual amount of Duplo race sets. They had it set up to be 11
boxes across, 2 boxes deep. A real big waste of space, those boxes are
about a foot long. I'm thinking they were just taking up space until the
SW sets came in.  I guess I crawl out of bed early tomorrow.
Julie

Jeff Johnston wrote:

I won't bore everyone with all the details of how I went to
WalMart hoping they'd have the Shanghai Surprise set in, and
was dissappointed.  I won't even go into how I looked up onto
the overstock and got an incredible surprise at seeing the
LEGO Star Wars sets up there.  I won't waste your time telling
how I searched the toy aisle to try to find ones at floor level
and eventually hauled a bucket of kitty litter over to stand on
so I could reach the sets.  Oh, heck, I just did all that, didn't
I?

Anyway, the subject says most of it.  They had the Landspeeder,
the Speeder Bikes and the Snowspeeder (all of which I got) and
also the X-Wing (which I decided not to get this time as I am
trying to limit my spending.)  I didn't see the Y-Wing/TIE set
there, though.

I'm a bit surprised that there were so few of the sets, and that
they were hidden away the way they were.  Maybe I actually snagged
some WalMart worker's secret stash?