 Star Wars / 6632
6631  |  6633
Subject:
SW Lego Commercial -- MTT and AAT shown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:43:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey gang,

Last night on Cartoon Network I saw an ad for Star Wars Lego, featuring the
upcoming 7184 MTT and 7155 AAT.  The MTT was shown "folding apart" in a very
unusual way and made me wish I had taped the commercial.  At any rate, I was
glad to see the MTT will have some nice engineering going on with its design
and structure, since it is otherwise a really ugly-looking model.

They're advertising awfully early for these sets, considering the catalogs say
they aren't coming out until July 1st, which is still three months
away...perhaps there is a possibility of an early release?

The ad even showed their boxes.  Definite product awareness is happening for
these things.  No mention was made of the Falcon, however.

It also showed already-available models, and there was a scene with an 8002
rolling into attack position, although mine always flies apart when I try
this...  :-)

Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxx