 Star Wars / 6155
Re: R2 dome piece in artic set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:16:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Franklin W. Cain writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Knoot writes:
I was just looking at the new artic sets, specifically to pick out one for • the
hood piece to make a Han Hoth.  I noticed that in the Mobile Outpost set, • (#?)
the oxygen tank on the side of the sled outpost has what looks like a red 1x2
'R2 dome' instead of the more common 2x2 dome piece.  I've not noticed this
piece before in other sets (though it very well could be), and thought it • would
make a nice piece for customizing some non-white astromechs, since I for one,
am becoming very anxious for a little diversity in my astromech droid ranks.
Anyone else notice this?

Kevin

The piece used for the "R2/R5 dome" is a 2x2x1 dome,
as opposed to the 2x2x2 *hollow* dome.

I've seen this 2x2x1 dome (unpainted)
in several sources other than
(maybe even before?) Lego Star Wars.

The one example I can think of right now
is the Riverboat set for Adventurers.

I believe, but do not know for certain,
that this piece is also available
in several of the Space Port sets,
and possible some of the older Launch Command sets.

Actually, it is new to Star Wars.  Those sets all contain the hollow "Bell
Jar".  AFAIK, the 2x2x1 dome has only appeared in 7171 and 6520 as a non-droid
elements.  Al  other instances are, I believe, Bell Jars.

Jeff
"You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed"
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/