 Star Wars / 6138
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:23:25 GMT

I love Chewie. Even if he's not quite as good as my hairy one :). I'm suprised
they made a new head for C-3PO, which is excellent, but he's not exactly gold
is he? Princess Leia is predictably good, with a new head and a great new
hairpiece.

The Millenium Falcon interior is ghastly. Dreadful. In fact, the only thing
I'll buy this set for is the minifigs.

On the flip side, the MTT looks much bettere than I expected. It even comes
with about 6 battle droids, but the droid rack is a bit naff- they just hold
on to two old castle range lances. Also they've made a proper cockpit on top
and the sides and back open up.

The collectors series sets look even more detailed than in the original
pictures. The TIE's solar panels are made out of those black grill plates. The
interior of the cockpits looks good, even though the TIE fighter seems to have
a rebel targeting computer pinched from the old X-wing set. What are those
flight controls in the TIE? New bits? They look across between a crossbow and
a blaster. Hmmm...

-Dan "Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?!!" Train