 Star Wars / 6092
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:27:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Knoot writes:
A gold-plated 3PO would be cool.  Perhaps they made him out of a • gold-colored
plastic instead was so they could print on his front AND back.  Are there
other

real gold plating would be very expensive.

Err, well, I wasn't referring to *real* gold plating, but to vac-metalizing,
which is the process they use on the big silver broadswords, the little Divers
daggers, and (more importantly) the Spaceport gold visors and domes.  They
probably could have vac-metalized Threepio but, then again, the parts for a
minifig might be too small/delicate for vac-metalising.

eric

Doh!  you're right, we do have "gold" parts in spaceport.  Nice ones too :)

KL