 Star Wars / 6083
Re: CHEWIE & C-3PO REVEALED!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:49:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kevin Knoot writes:
Check it out at rebelscum.com here: http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2000.asp

And very well done, if I say so myself!  Also, check out the interior of the
Falcon, and it looks like the MTT comes with a half dozen battledroids!

Kevin

Wow, that Falcon set has to be one of the most uninspired renditions yet.
Everything is so... plain and sparse.  The interior is definitely in need of
some
"mechanical" tiles, as well as a few details... how about a couple of hoses,
maybe some 2x2 cylinder blocks...  repeat a few of those angled "tech"
panels in front
of Leia... anything but square, plain walls! The cockpit has enough space to
put a nice angled "computer" block plus a couple of small antennas used as
"control
sticks." Lego left us with a single, lame tech tile down on the "floor." Blah.

Sorry, folks. I was willing to forgive the exterior, junior panels and all,
but the interior just sucks. I felt TLG did such a good job on the X-wing,
Snowspeeder, and
A-wing (within the bounds of price and piece limits), but after the
too-skinny and wimpy B-Wing, and now this weak version of the Falcon... ugh.
I'd rather
buy a few more X-Wing sets for MOCs.

I'll give them credit for a decent Chewie, though. C-3P0 should have been
vac-gold, IMHO.

~Mark