 Star Wars / 576
Re: X-Wing & Land Speeder photos by Michael Christie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:30:45 GMT

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:13:30 GMT, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com>
wrote:

Terry K wrote in message <36ce6e27.4682129@lugnet.com>...
On Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:38:13 GMT, "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com>
wrote:

Awesome pics!  Thanks especially for the part close-ups.

Terry, did you see the teeth on those hinges?  Pretty good guessing, eh?

If anyone gets these sets and would like to see the parts created for Ldraw,
and wouldn't mind being without them for a few days, perhaps we could work
something out.  Maybe someone who gets two :-)

I have been loaned a part before for this purpose and can provide reference.

-John Van

Yikes! These were posted a _week_ ago!  (I have been sick)

OK, John.  I guess you were pretty close on your guess.  That is a pretty odd
little hinging mechanism.  You win.  :-)

I think this will make a nice addition to the hinge assortment.  Nice that they cut out the notch on the bottom so the hinges can
make a 90 degree angle.

A lot of interesting little features there.  I know everyone is happy to see
these models released, but I was stunned to find this out.  I wasn't expecting
to see these things for quite a while yet.  And, in a way, I am a little miffed
as well.  I wanted to get my X-Wing model page up _before_ TLG released the
official set.  :-/

My procrastination bites me again.

Yeah, I never got around to making adjustments to my Ldraw version, either.  Interesting what they did to the rear end of the
x-wing.  I couldn't see that from any of the pics before.

BTW, Terry, hows that voting page coming along?  Get well (at least well enough to organize parts :-)

Well, it is essentially done. It was being reviewed for number fixes before I
got sick.  Now I just need to fix some numbers and release it.

-- Terry K --