 Star Wars / 5676
  NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

Hey Star Wars fans, the new Star Wars set 2000 are available in Germany too now, they are being sold together with a special LEGO Star Wars brochure. On the back, there is a picture of the all new Star Wars Mindstorms Kit 9754. It's named "Dark Side (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

Christian, If you E-mail me the pic I will put it up on the net right away. kingsley@nelug.org Eric Kingsley (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) Thanks to Christian I have posted pic's of the AT-AT. View them here. (URL) Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) -Rob (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

I thought that some of you might be interested in a translation of the text shown on this page. I tried it, but it does not 100% reflect the original german text: The new never ending universe of Star Wars still claims ( /needs?) more! Han Solo is (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

Hi again, As everybody can see the picture now... -can anyone tell me if this thing really moves ? -did any Technic fan already find out all functions? -Also, how do they want us to use the Micro Scout when it's inside the AT-AT ? -Why don't they (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) Interesting that in Germany, the Ultimate Collector's (The TIE Interceptor(TM) and X-Wing Fighter(TM)) sets are for ages 14 and up, whereas in the USA they are for ages 16 and up. -Cheese (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) The AT-AT did not only appear on Hoth. It also had a bit part on the moon of Endor in SW:ROTJ. -Rob (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) 1. Does it walk at all? 2. Does it turn, when it walks backward? 3. Does its knees and ankles move? If the answers to all these three questions are all yes, then this is a wonderful Technic set. (...) In the picture, is it shaking its head? (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) That's German engineering for you! - peter (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) That's because in Europe (Eastern Europe at least) kids mature earlier. At age 14 or 15 they already have to pick what they want to do with their life, whether to go to middle school or job training. By the time they're 18, they can speak at (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) What exactly is a Micro Scout? Is it an imperial mini-fig? If so, could you tell me where to look because I can't find it. Thanks. (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

The micro scout is a small microcomputer for controlling simple lego robots. You can just make it out in the picture (if you know what to look for), it's mounted horizontally in the walker's torso. Arjen "Charles Spindell" <legomenace@yahoo.com> (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

<snip>That's because in Europe (Eastern Europe at least) kids mature earlier. At age 14 or 15 they already have to pick what they want to do with their life, whether to go to middle school or job training. By the time they're 18, they can speak at (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) This is part of the fiendish German plot to introduce the 400day year... (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

It looks like, if you use the flash light method, that you could shine the light in from the top... Who knows until it is in hand... EC (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) Thanks for the info. I am not too familiar with Technics. I guess I was hoping a Micro Scout was a pilot/driver for the AT-AT. Oh well... (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) Yeah, but we're REALLY good at killing each other *nods* (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) What I wrote are facts and not my own imagination so don't tell me to shut up. You may be an exception but in general, there is less expected out of kids that live in the US than out of kids that live in Europe. What you wrote in your last (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

Jezek, you are stereotyping and generalizing Americans FAR too much here. I would believe that one as educated as yourself would not fall into this trap. "/rant" Please continue additional discussion in lugnet.off-topic.debate Thanks, -Jon (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) And what is the point of picking out your kob at 14? That is just ridiculous, IMO. And keep in mind that American kids are required to take a second language in high school, mainly Spanish or French, which are both commonly spoken in many (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

<snip> What I wrote are facts and not my own imagination so don't tell me to shut up. You may be an exception but in general, there is less expected out of kids that live in the US than out of kids that live in Europe. What you wrote in your last (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

People, I have something to say in lugent.off-topic.debate about this. Please move there to see it. Thanx, KDJ ___...___ Kyle D. Jackson Windsor, Ontario, Canada ___...___ (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

People, I have something to say in lugent.off-topic.debate about this. Please move there to see it. Thanx, KDJ ___...___ Kyle D. Jackson Windsor, Ontario, Canada ___...___ (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cheap American shot (Was: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

(...) This is becoming rather a silly thread. The simple fact is that Lego put a lower 'age' on the Mindstorm sets in Germany. The reason, also simple. They are as most companies, worried about product liability suits in the US, so put a very (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

Well, if we assume they aren't writing new "builtin" programs for the microscout for this set, I'd have to assume that it is like the STAP droid set from the DDK, intended to work with program 7, and if you "win" you blow its head off or (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown...it does walk!

Knowing how the Microscout works, the motor is facing the rear. In the enlarged pic, you can just make some teeth on a large gear that is being mostly blocked by the microscout. There must be a small pinion on the microscout and the larger gear is (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!)

(...) The Germans have to get an early start because they take so many more days off than Americans do. It's an attempt to catch up with our work schedule in the US. Rib rib. But anyhow, on topic... I don't like the look of the set... but I guess I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Micro Scout not too stupid ! (wasRe: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

Actually, I also thought the Micro Scout would only include 7 built in programs which is rather boring. But the chip is not stupid it all. We can hope that TLG brings out the cool connection between Scout and Micro Scout. Please check: (URL) read (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Micro Scout not too stupid ! (wasRe: NEW Mindstorms set shown (with picture!))

Christian Gemuenden wrote in message ... (...) day. (...) sensors (...) I thought than the P setting on the Micro scout might mean that they might have plans for a CP3O and they could interact. Then again they may have just left an option for (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)