 Star Wars / 5667
Re: Prices for MF, ATT, MTT and UCS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:25:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Wilson writes:
#7190 Millenniu Falcon $$99.99

$99us for that set??? WTF???
My guess is that they can charge $99 because they know that people will pay • $99
just to get it. Come on TLG, stop messing with us and publish official • pictures
of EVERY 2000 set, such as the dino sets, the tech build sets and so forth.
Also publish better information on the falcon. Tell us which figs come in it,
how can that do any harm. The only thing IO can see is that releasing the info
on the july sets might make people hold off buying stuff untill the technic
silver racing car or the falcon or the UCS or whatever comes out and that • hurts
TLG's bottom line in the mean time.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com

Although I realize that there are very few people here who find the MF even a
little desirable (TLC's take on it, at least), did anyone really expect it to
retail for much less than $100? Also, take into account the fact that these
prices could be S@H as opposed to MSRP and you're figuring an extra 10% (which
is pretty much the usual amount that Lego S@H runs over regular retail price).
I was pretty much expecting the MF to run $80-$100, given the fact that the
most expensive 2000 SW set at this point (outside of the Technic Droids) was
the B-wing at $30. Based on TLC's usual habit of ranging a particular theme's
set prices from anywhere in the $3-$5 range all the way up to the $80-$100
range, I was expecting big price tags for the MF, ATT, and MTT. As some one
else mentioned, the fact that the ATT is only $20 kind of surprises me. I
would've expected this one to go for another $10, personally.
Actually, the one thing that does surprise me about these prices is the $150
price tag attached to the UCS X-wing. The last set I bought with an MSRP of
$150 was the Technic space shuttle (8480?) and that set was unbelievable. As
much as I'm looking forward to the UCS (especially the X-wing, I don't see how
they're going to live up to that.
Anyway . . . just my $.02.

-Jonathan