 Star Wars / 5633
Re: Newbie (to the group) Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:23:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jon Theys writes:
First off, lemme say I LOVE SW and the SW Legos.  I've been gettin' 'em all.
Except 1 set.  Anakin's Podracer.  From what I could tell, it was identical
to the one in the big box of 3 podracers.  Am I right?  If not, I guess I
better go grab it..

Jon, Welcome.

The model is the same as the one in 7171 - Mos Espa Podrace minus a couple of
figs.  The only reason I got one of the Anakin's Podracer sets was to get
another Padme hair piece.

I always wondered why Lego made that a separate set AND included it in the
podrace set.  Seemed kinda odd to me.  I woulda much rather had something
else (grandstand and minifigs, announcer's booth and minifigs, a different
pod) in the set than Anakin's pod, which was it's own set.

I would tend to agree with you on this although I think the reasoning was
probably that most kids would want Anakin's pod but many parents would not want
to spend $90 to get it for their kids so they decided to release it in a
smaller/cheaper set.

I am supprised that they did not try and differentiate it in some what though
either with a bit of grandstand or an additional fig that was not in the big
set.  That would have probably gotten more of us crazies to buy both :-).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: