 Star Wars / 5252
Re: Ultimate Collector series (different pics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:12:11 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Collins writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Simon Denscombe writes:
I have some UC pics from a UK LEGO Adventurers magazine - have these already
been posted or should I scan them in, they cover an A3 page.

For now some of you might not have seen a UC Prototype X-Wing I posted last
summer, it gives a top-down view of the craft, apart from the Wing printing • it
is the same:

http://thunder.prohosting.com/~carbon60/starwars.html

It's on the 3rd pic down - they are quite high res 300k IIRC.

Carbon 60

Great pictures.  The three speeder bike designs really illustrate that Lego
made an actual decision not to use SPUD's.

*Thank you Lego*

JMC

Yes - that's QUITE interesting.

The Star Wars sets are much cooler for their relative lack of POOPs
and SPUDs.  These pages made clear that the designers flirted
with SPUD-abuse in the design of the speaker bikes.

That's one of the things I've really enjoyed about the Star Wars
sets - they are examples of good LEGO design that don't rely on
a preponderance of limited-use or juniorized elements.  The new
elements that were introduced with the Star Wars sets seem to be,
for the most part, really well thought out and useful.  (Contrast,
say, the new wings or rocket engine elements with the new castle
tower elements, which is limited and juniorized.)

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"