 Star Wars / 5249
Re: Chance of More 2K Sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 06:04:02 GMT

Charles Spindell wrote:

I just got some 2000 SW sets today.  I must say that the A-Wing and the Flash
Speeder are very cool.  The Desert Skiff is not so bad for the price.  I guess
I am just pleased to have Han.

Last year, TLG released 8 sets from the Episode I line and 5 sets from the
Classic line.  This year, TLG is releasing only 4 sets from the Episode I line
and 6 sets from the classic line, in addition to the 2 sets from the Ultimate
Collector Series, as well as 3 Technic models.

That sounds about right--I don't expect to see any more before next November at
the very least.  They've already got some sets "spaced out" (AAT, MTT, MF) to
cover that hole.

I have the new 2000 catalog with the above mentioned sets.  Is it possible for
TLG to release new models this year that are not in the catalog?  Has there
been a precedent in the past?

The SW bucket, perhaps.

Also, I am convinced that Stormtroopers will be made, regardless of the
blaster issue, considering one appears in the TLG Star Wars logo.

I agree as well, but I don't think it's coming this year.

best

LFB