 Star Wars / 498
  Star Wars Mindstorms = True

So according to ZDnet at least (story at (URL)), Lego really will be making a Droid Developer Kit, so we can build a working R2D2. Also, they confirm the digital camera theory, although as I suspected it's going to be substantially more than $50. (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)