 Star Wars / 495
494  |  496
Subject:
Where to find those set descriptions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 11:13:32 GMT

Ok, what can I say? I goofed, and violated some rather important ownership-type
rules on Lugnet, so I asked Todd to please cancel the article where I cut and
pasted the decriptions over.  And I know how annoying it would be to see that
those decriptions were out there somewhere and not be able to find them.

Soooo, for descriptions of the Episode One Lego Sets, go on over to:

www.starwarz.com/index.htm

And click on the "Prequel Preview" selection on the left-hand side of the
page.  You'll see reports from the Olympia '99 Trade Fair in the UK.

They sound interesting.  I commented before that I was disappointed after the
good spread of minifigs in the first wave of sets that so many were repeated in
those sets, but unsurprised in light of the minifig selection in other themes.
I am glad to see that they're jumping right in to Jar Jar and the Battle
Driods, though- hopefully we'll find out soon if Lego will be doing special
heads for aliens like Jar Jar... and I'd like to see a Skeleton-fig type of
thing for the Battle Droids, but somehow I doubt it.

Then, over on www.sirstevesguide.com, they have two interesting reports on Lego
stuff.  One eems to indicate something that *might* be small polybagged sets
like other themes sport.  They also have an article on Lego possibly NOT
offering the Star Wars sets through retailers, but only through Shop At Home.
Follow this link:

http://209.1.95.76/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup

And select the catagory "Lego" at the left to find these articles.

It's easy to dismiss these sites as being rumour or conjecture, but I've been
following stuff for The Phantom Menace for quite some time on the web now, and
they seem to have an uncanny knack for picking up on rumours that turn out
later to be true, and getting photos/reports of prototype toys.  Take it with a
grain of salt, but it's easily trustable.

eric