 Star Wars / 4941
Re: Star Wars LEGO Design Contest Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 19:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Patrick Justison writes:
I just finished making my selection for the 10 category winners and all I can
say is it wasn't easy.  My brain hurts.  I used just about every measure of
quality LEGO building I could think of while keeping to a couple of rules.  I
narrowed each section down to two or three top candidates.  Then I selected
the winners so that no person or model won more than 1 category.  The result
is a selection of 10 very excellent models which are winners and a bunch of
excellent which did not win. For those who did not win but deserve recognition
I will create a banner for them to post on their webpage or just keep on their
home computer.  Don't go rushing to the site just yet though, I'll post the
winners on the 16th, and a voting page for the overall winner will be
available then.  I'll design and create the trophies for the category winners
soon, and of course the Tantive IV model will be awarded to the overall
winner.  I just want to say in closing that this has been one heck of an
experience for me.  I want to thank all those who participated and apoligize
for keeping you in suspense.

Thanks everyone!
Your devoted LEGO Star Wars nut,
Pat J

Woohoo!  Thanks for running this cool contest!  But...  The suspense is killing
me!  ;)

Jeff

P.S.  You mean I have to what 'til Thursday?!?  Aaaaaah!!!