 Star Wars / 4808
4807  |  4809
Subject:
Ultimate Collector's Series wish list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 02:21:53 GMT

At the top of the list, the Millenium Falcon of course!  With Han, Leia,
C-3P0, R2, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, Lando Calrissian, and Nien Numb minifigs.

Since the TIE Interceptor and X-wing are both being targeted at much higher
age groups (16 and up), it's reasonable to assume that TLG is trying to
capture a little of the adult SW collector market.  Many of these people
have LOTS more money in their budget than the average parent and I think TLG
would be very foolish to not take advantage of the money to be made in
producing sets for this particular market.  The level of quality of the
design of the initial sets and their much more faithful interpretation of
the original ships is fantastic.  Plus, they're just sloppin' over with
bricks!

Here are the other sets which I think are necessary to fill out the series:

B-Wing
A-Wing
Y-Wing
(for all three of these and the X-Wing, it'd be really cool if they could
include bricks to change the squadron color markings from red to blue, gold,
or green.)
TIE Fighter (if not, at least have the instructions for it as an alternate
to the TIE Interceptor!)
Vader's TIE Fighter (same as above)
Snowspeeder (do a better two-person cockpit this time!)
Slave I (with larger size version of cockpit piece used in Naboo Fighter and
A-Wing)
Landspeeder (tan, brown, and dark red)
Cloud Cars (a wealth of orange)
Naboo Fighter (lots o' yellow, and chrome this time if you please!)

This is a dream list of other things I'd love to see.  Most of them wouldn't
be to scale with the fighters, but I wouldn't care!

Desert Skiff (Klaatu and Nikto minifigs please!)
Sandcrawler (an orgy of brown!  And Jawas!  And different droids!)
Corellian Corvette (with Rebel Soldier minifigs)
Shuttle Tyderium (with Imperial Officer minifigs)
TIE Defender
TIE Bomber
ATT (lots o' tan)
MTT (even more brown, and more Battle Droids)
Podracers
Flash Speeder (all that green!)
Speeder Bikes (with Technic scale maxifigs perhaps?)
Tauntaun (with Maxifig of Han or Luke)
Gungan Sub
Bantha (more brown, and Tusken Raider minifigs!)
Rancor (again, more brown, and Rancor Keeper minifig)
Ewok village (hate them, but more brown, and perhaps some new vegetation)

Unfortunately, most of this will probably never happen.  However, I think
TLG would be foolish to not attempt some of the other more prominent
starfighters for this series.  Adult SW collectors (just like ST collectors,
anybody see "Trekkies" yet?) have LOTS of money to spend on their hobby.
It's a gold mine just waiting to be dug.  I really hope that this line
continues beyond these two sets.

BTW, I will be most interested to see what kind of minifigs come with the
intial sets, or if they will have them at all.  It would be REALLY nice to
have a TIE Fighter pilot, although I'm sure there would be much grumbling
(from all of us!) were this the only SW set to ever contain one.  It would
be a lot to pay for one figure and I can see them commanding astronomical
prices on Ebay and other auction places.

Dave