 Star Wars / 4609
Re: Release of 2000 StarWars sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:16:55 GMT

Skip wrote:

I was pleased to see the catalog scans as well as the TRU pricing on the 2000
sets. I also optimistically hope that they will be released before Christmas,
but weren't we all aware of the first wave of StarWars Lego's late last year
and yet I never saw them in stores until something like February? What do you
guys think? Is there a real possibility that we will see them on shelves
before Y2K or are we dreaming?
Thanks
Skip

The 1999 Classic sets were flagged in the US as out in March, so they
appeared in February for March (in the UK is was in the catalogue as
April and I got my first set in the last week or so of March).

Since the US catalogue date is January, there is some chance of seeing
the sets in December; from what I've seen on Lugnet it's quite common
for this to happen in the US.

Still waiting for a UK 2000 catalogue so we know when we can hope for....

:: paul