 Star Wars / 4368
4367  |  4369
Subject:
My thoughts on the new sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 17:18:27 GMT

OK here are my $.02 worth on the new SW sets.

#7115 Gungan Patrol
79 pcs  $10.00  ($11.00 SAH)
Cheap way to build a Gungan army.  Not a bad looking set. Even
  the Kaadas aren't bad.

#7124 Flash Speeder
105  $10.00 ($11.00 SAH)
Awesome set, and check out the green :)  Brown torso, legs, hands,
  and what's that a brown "cop" cap :O  Nice price too

#7134 A-Wing Fighter
124 pcs  $15.00 ($16.50 SAH)
Cheap way to get lots of mechanics, pilots, and other good pieces
  (for those of you with money to spend :)

#7144 Slave I
165 pcs  $20.00 ($22.00 SAH)
They don't know how to spell "Boba Fett". They spell it "Bobafet".

#7104 Desert Skiff
A little small, but we get Han, and ALAS ANOTHER LUKE

#7180 B-Wing at Rebel Control Center
Not NEARLY as good as Eric's, but not bad, and the control center
  is pretty cool.

#7190 Millenium Falcon
OK so the cockpit seats only one(with a little work it can fit at least
two),
  they sacrificed detail for price(thank you TLG), chock full o' good
pieces.
  OK, so I don't think it's that bad.

#7155 AAT
WHAT, I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JULY !!!!  This set is cool 8-O  Could
  be better, but I'm not going to complain.

#7184 MTT
WOW Check out the brown on that thing. I can't wait to see how many
  BDs that comes with.  It's actually fairly good sized.

#8000 Pit Droid
Awww, what a cute little fella. He's funny lookin' but well done.

#8001 Battle Droid
Very well done. Definately on my "to get" list.

#8002 Destroyer Droid
Very Cool. I wish I had more money to spend :)

#7181 UCS TIE Interceptor
8-O  WOW!!!!! That thing, is not small. Extremely well done. Oh, I hate
  that thing called money. Being a kid with limited income is NOT fun :)

#7191 UCS X-Wing
Uhh, ditto the above set.....

Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda