 Star Wars / 3653
Re: Rebel Blockade Runner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:48:22 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Pat Justison writes:

I'm glad to see some more interest in this fine Star wars ship.  It offers a
good challenge, but something that if done well can really resemble the 'real
thing' (the non-Lego model that is).  I anticipate pictures of your Lego
Tantive IV greatly.  If you can finish it by November 15th you can enter it
into my contest.
For a while I had the only Rebel Blockade Runner and Slave 1 on the web (that I
could find).  Joel Kuester(sp?) built a fine Slave 1 for the contest, and now
you will build the RBR.  Ohh well.

Pat J

P.S.  What scale are you thinking about building too?

Pat:

I'll definitely try to finish it by November 15th.  My goal is to build it at
micro-scale; however, as I'm trying to restore my collection to its fomer glory
(e.g., I'm starting over), I may be a bit piece-shy in some important respects.
So, I'll probably have to design the ship in grey (with, of course, the red
consular striping).  Thus, it may turn out to be more of a stock Corellian
Corvette rather than the true Tantative IV.  If all else fails, I can probably
produce a decent nanoscale model for the contest.  Here's another question for
the group: Has anyone attempted a microscale model of the Radiant VII?  (As you
can probably tell, my favorite ships are Corellian models.)