 Star Wars / 3341
Re: sw lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:58:10 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bryan Wong writes:
Okay okay!  You're right, the Gungan Sub is pretty cool.  But the X-Wing DOES
need some improvement.  I'm sure if any of us had access to TLG's resources, • we
could design a way better model.  (That costs $100+ too!)

Hmmm??  Thats what Lego is for isn't it (well at least origionally)?  To
stimulate creativity.  If you don't like a model you can use it as a starting
point and make a much better version.

Now the two sets in question I do have opinions on however.  First the Gungan
Sub is great for parts and decent as a model.  Obviously the cockpit is
nowhere near prototypical seeing it should have 1 three man cockpit with
storage areas on either side.  The "quick change" ability although good for
playability is not prototypical.  Plus the Rock formation is a bonus (No BURP)!

The X-Wing on the otherhand I love it.  For US$29.99 I think this is a great
model and one of the best TLG has released in years.  Granted the landing gear
needs work and the Compartments are unnecessary but I don't think TLG could
have done better.  I also disagree that there were to many special parts on
the X-Wing.  The engines and canopy are great and can be used on any one of a
hundred models.  The rest of the parts are mostly slopes and plates which are
very usable.

And what is with the statement that you could make one that costs $100???  I
think we all could but who is going to pay $100 for a Minifig Scale X-Wing.  I
don't know if I would even pay $100 for a Model Team X-Wing.  Plus if they
charged that much for an X-Wing what chances do you think we would have at a
Millenium Falcon??  I still think thats a pipe dream but on your pay scale it
would cost about $600.

I just wish TLG would carry over the quality in the SW Theme to there other
themes and would expand their freestyle line.

Thats just one man's opinion.

Eric

Sweet and Sour ".jawaspam" is best in San Francisco.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/4598

Bryan

In lugnet.starwars, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
The Gungan Sub is a cool set!!! I love that set!  Don't pick on my
favorite set!!!
ok.. I'll stop all the !'s now :)

Bryan Wong wrote:

Yeah I agree with you - but looking at the current models by TLG • (especially
Town Jr stuff) they're trying to keep them "simple" I suppose...  Not to
mention the addition of a whole bunch of specialized pieces.