 Star Wars / 306
Re: New Parts, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 18:25:05 GMT

Steve Bliss writes:
Hey!  Are those 1x3 tiles on the wings of the Snowspeeder?

It's my only hope...

Has anyone started compiling a list of new parts from the 1999 sets,
especially the Star Wars series/theme/range?  It looks like there will
be some fairly useful specialized pieces[1], along with the
to-be-expected minifig accessories.

It looks like R2D2's head will be a shortened version of the bell jar
from the Adventurer's.  Is there a good picture of R2's legs?

[2] <-- this is just so that footnote has a reference.  No un-referenced
footnotes in this posting!

I don't like the minifig faces.  Not that they are too detailed, because
it doesn't look like they are.  But the thin-line drawings don't look
very much like the classic smiley, either.  At least it looks like a
couple of Town/Castle faces got reused for the X-Wing 'figs.

I can't believe they are using the Town Jr. double-slope thingy for the
X-wing's rear landing gear. Blech.

Interesting that the SW logo shows a stormtrooper minifig, but the
actual photos (both sets and decorative) only show
snowtroopers/speedertroopers.

There are at least two different Luke minifigs.  If you count the "Luke
as X-Wing pilot"[3], I see three.

-- Steve

[1] I saw a basic/freestyle set in Target, on it was printed "Special
Pieces for Special Building".  Or something very similar.  Run in fear.

[2] Off-message-topic: I like the storage compartment in the back of the
X-wing, although it isn't very canonical (is it?)

[3] Look at the "group photo" underneath the SW logo on the left side of
page 4 of the catalog.  That's Luke's face (assuming that MF head isn't
used for other characters) with the rebel pilot helmet & body.

I have been reading these posts for a few days and I was wondering, where did
all of you find pictures of the star wars sets?