 Star Wars / 2656
2655  |  2657
Subject:
After seeing the movie...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 20:15:20 GMT

Well, friday I saw the movie. Including my parents and I there were a
total of thirteen people in the room :) Although it should not be surprising
because it was a 1:00 show out in the middle of nowhere(well that's
exagerating it a little bit)  first comments, I loved it! It hink my favorite
parts were the pod race and then the lightsaber truel that became a duel.

may include some spoiler, not sure yet :) ...

I can see how some of you didn't like Jar Jar, but his character did add
to the story, and I liked him.

The thing with Darth Siduous could be quite obvious if you paid attention.
Tou could tell from the lower half of DS's face that it was Palpatine. And
then if you were paying attention at the end when Sen. P. made the comment
about having his eye on Anakin(in the future) you would know something was
up, even my Dad(who didn't care about seeing the movie) picked up on that.

If you haven't read the novel yet, do so, because it adds to the story and fills
in some gaps. There are also a couple of major(IMO) lines that were not in the
movie. If anyone wants to know what I mean, I'll tell you, but I'd really
encourage
you to read the book. I've read about a dozen SW books and I think this one was
the best.

oh, and I do hope it beats titanic.
That's all for now.

Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda