 Star Wars / 2230
Re: Star Wars and Mindstorms in Popular Mechanics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 21:33:39 GMT

Hi,
How much was the book?  I believe they mentioned it in the article.

Joe

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Joe Davenport writes:

Just a note to let everyone know that the June '99 issue of Popular
Mechanics magazine has a behind-the-scenes story of Episode I.  It
states Lucas is a fan of the magazine, so he let them into Skywalker
Ranch.  They have many pictures and illustrations of the new ships along
with descriptions.  There is even a fold-out poster of many of the new
ships!  Excellent building reference! :-)

I looked at this issue, and was disappointed to find that most of the
illustrations were taken directly from the "Episode I Amazing Cut-Aways" book,
where they are bigger and clearer.

I didn't read the article, though, so I don't know if it might make up for
that.

eric