 Star Wars / 17851
Re: SW droids - are they minifigs or just a bunch of parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:03:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Bob Parker wrote:
   Based on heated discussions/threats (:rolleyes:) on a well known lego selling site, what does the Community think about Star Wars droids:

Should they be treated as minifigs or are they just a collection of mostly non-specialized parts?

Which one sells for the highest profit? ;)

   Should there be a consistent standard way of categorizing them or should it continue to be what some consider arbitrary (i.e. some droids are categorized as minifigs while others are not)?

How are the complete droids any different from minifigs?

How are the separate parts any different from minifig body parts?

Both seem to have a market. I don’t understand why there’s any conflict over this.

Exactly. Is this just sellers having a row about each others’ item descriptions? As a buyer I don’t give a toss.

I’d like to be able to buy odd things like the Gonk and Treadwell droids as single entities or as parts, same as I do with whole minifigs, or just torsos, hands, heads, etc.

Come to think of it, I’d like to be able to buy assemblies like the yellow car or black motorbike out of the new garage, or the fire engine out of the fire station as single items, but no-one seems up to it.

Jason R