 Star Wars / 1779
1778  |  1780
Subject:
What!? My local Ames actually has toys?!?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 20:53:35 GMT

There was no way I was going to TRU last night because my
dad wouldn't have taken me and also because it is 1 1/2 hours
away, so 3 hours traveling time.
I talked my mom into taking me to our local Ames, which in my
opinion never has a great selection of toys. Probably the only
reason she took me was because I also had to go to the bike
shop and get a tube for my bike. To my surprise they actually
had some eps1 stuff, and right by the door at that! For Lego they
had
@2-3 dozen landspeeders
@2 dozen lightsaber duels
@2 dozen snowspeeders
@1-2 dozen naboo fighters
@1 dozen x-wings
@1 dozen sith infiltrators
@1 dozen anakin pod racers(yes they had them)

They didn't have
Droid Fighter
Naboo Swamp(one that I want)
Gungan Sub(not surprising)
Mos Espa Pod Race(definately not surprising)
Speeder Bikes
TIE Y-Wing(not surprising)

I have to admit though that I was quite surprised they had as much
inventory as they did. They had some of the action figures and micro
machines sets also.
Oh, and I got the Naboo Fighter and the X-wing.
Maybe tomorrow I will get the Naboo Swamp because my mom has to
go right by a Wal-Mart, so I hope she'll check for me.
Anyone want to buy some Pod Racers :)

Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda